View all facilities
- Dog Park
- Parking, Off Street
- Pet Waste Station
- Shelter House / Pavilion
1376 Highway 183 Alternate at the Bickle-Schmidt Sports Complex
Free and open to the public
The dog park is a seven acre, fenced area for dogs to run and play leash free. It contains separate areas for small and large dogs, as well as a staging area, shelter houses, benches, dog water fountains, and picnic tables.
This park was made possible by the Friends of the Hays Dog Park and the many donations received.
Use of this park constitutes agreement to the following rules:
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted. Dog's that show aggression must be removed immediately.
- All dogs must wear a collar with identification and rabies tags when using the park.
- Dangerous Dogs as defined in City of Hays, Code of Ordinance, Chapter 5, Section 5-123 are not allowed in the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must remain in the dog park with the dog(s) and must be in reasonable control of the dog(s) at all times.
- The dog park is only for use by dogs and owners/handlers. No other types of pets are allowed.
- Dogs in heat, pregnant or lactating are not permitted in the dog park.
- Dogs must be 6 months of age or over and have valid rabies vaccination.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or leaving the fenced area of the park and have a leash available at all times when in the park.
- Items that may cause health concerns for dogs such as cigarette butts, chewing tobacco and alcohol shall be properly disposed of and NOT left on the ground.
- Keep the gates closed at all times.
- No children under 12 years of age unless accompanied by and adult.
- No food (human or dog), rawhide chews, bones or similar are allowed in the dog park.
- No littering and no glass bottles.
- No more than 3 dogs are allowed per owner/handler.
- Owner/handlers must immediately restrain their dog and/or leave the park when instructed to do so by an Officer or by an employee of the City of Hays.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for any injuries or property damage caused by their dog.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for their dog's behavior and must immediately remove any excrement deposited by their dog and must fill in any holes dug by their dog.
- Serious animal bites should be reported to the City of Hays Police Department at 785-625-1011 or if it is an emergency dial 911.
- Violation or disregard of these rules can result in removal from the park temporarily or permanently.