High Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate
2021 High Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate Program
This clothes washer rebate program offers two different tiers, with more efficient washer models qualifying for a higher rebate payment. Lower integrated water factor (IWF) = more $ back.
- 3.7 - 3.3 IWF - $100
- 3.2 - 2.7 IWF - $250
Rebate Eligibility Requirements:
- Rebates are given only for clothes washers that have an Integrated Water Factor (IWF) of 3.7 or LOWER. Most EnergyStar washing machines (both front and top loading) meet this requirement. An updated list of qualifying clothes washers can be found at https://www.energystar.gov/clotheswashers.
- The clothes washer must be purchased new at retail price on or after January 1, 2021. Rebates will not be issued retroactively for washing machines purchased before January 1, 2021.
- The clothes washer must be installed at a location served by the City of Hays Department of Water Resources.
- An on-site inspection by a representative of the Department of Water Resources may be required to verify installation before a rebate is paid.
- Residential customers are limited to one clothes washer rebate per household per year.
- Rebate application form must be filled out completely and returned with a copy of the sales receipt to the City of Hays Water Resources Department no later than December 31, 2021.
- Resale or lease/rental option units are ineligible.
- Purchase and install your new clothes washer. Verify with the appliance retailer that the clothes washer qualifies as the Consortium of Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 1, 2, or “Advanced” and EnergyStar rated appliance with an Integrated Water Factor of 3.7 or LOWER.
- Complete the rebate form and attach the sales receipt showing the model of the washing machine and date of purchase. Return to the Department of Water Resources, City Hall Finance Office, or email@example.com for processing.
- A representative of the Department of Water Resources may contact you and verify installation of the qualifying clothes washer.
- Allow four weeks from the date of submission to receive your rebate check.
This program provides financial assistance to customers wishing to purchase water-conserving clothes washers for their home or business. The City of Hays does not endorse or recommend specific brands, products or dealers. Selection and installation of the appliance is the sole responsibility of the applicant, as is determination of the adequacy and compatibility of their existing plumbing system. The City assumes no responsibility for any damage that may occur to an applicant’s property as a result of participation in this rebate program. Due to circumstances beyond its control, the City cannot guarantee that the installation of the clothes washer will result in lower utility costs.