Planning, Inspection, & Enforcement
The Planning Inspection Enforcement Division (PIE) of the Public Works Department is responsible for many activities throughout the City of Hays. Those responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate land development activities through the administration of zoning and subdivision regulations within the City of Hays and the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction area surrounding the city
- Administer the National Flood Insurance Program for the City of Hays
- Enforce City of Hays Code of Ordinances pertaining to general nuisances
- Issue building permits
- Perform inspections for construction projects
- Provide licensing to contractors
- Provide a wealth of information to the general public concerning zoning, codes, planning, and permits
- Review plans for building code compliance for new construction and remodels
Report a Concern
To report a concern to PIE, please fill out a request form.
Planning is responsible for the coordination of land development activities through the administration of Zoning and Subdivision Regulations within the City of Hays and the three-mile area surrounding the City.
The Inspections office issues permits, performs inspections, and manages code enforcement issues.
Access resources relating to the enforcement part of the Planning, Inspection, and Enforcement.
See various maps relating different public works variables to Hays.
Access information about the Board of Zoning Appeals