Pet Licenses can be purchased through the City Clerk's Office at:
1507 Main Street
Hays, KS 67601
Pet License Fees & Information
- Pets need to be registered yearly by March 1st.
- In order to register a pet we need to have documentation from a veterinarian showing the rabies expiration date and if the pet is neutered or spayed.
- If the pet is neutered or spayed the fee is $5, if it is not, the fee is $25.
- Dangerous dogs (i.e. Pit Bulls or dogs deemed dangerous by the court) need to show proof of micro chipping and need to provide a photo of the dog. There is an additional fee of $50 for a dangerous dog.
- Pets that have been in your possession and are not licensed by March 1st will incur a late fee of $10.00 for each month or part of a month after March 1st, with a late fee not to exceed $50.00 for each pet.
- Learn more about pet license information.